Rules of sending, reviewing and publication of scientific articles
I.The scientific magazine “Verhnevolzhski Philological Bulletin” publishes articles and materials in three branches of science:
- Literary Criticism
Scientific specialities within groups of scientific specialities according to which the magazine is included into the List of VAK (VAK – State Commission for Academic Degrees and Titles), to which articles are accepted for publishing:
- 24.00.01 Theory and Cultural History
- 10.01.01 Russian Literature
- 10.01.10 Journalism
- 10.02.01 Russian Language
- 10.02.19 Theory of Language
- 10.02.04 German Languages
- 10.02.05 Romance Languages
II. Periodicity – four issues a year.
Conditions of publishing the article in the scientific magazine “Verhnevolzhski Philological Bulletin” and requirements of executing manuscripts
III. Conditions of publishing the article in YSPU scientific magazine
Articles are sent to the editorial board in an electronic and paper-based version in 1 copy.
Computer typesetting of the manuscript of the article, which must be published in the scientific magazine, must correspond strictly to the following requirements.
- One A4 format page of the text must contain not more than 1900 signs taking into account gaps;
- Edges: head – 2 cm, bottom – 2 cm, left – 2,5 cm, right – 1,5 cm; from edge to running headline: head – 2 cm, bottom – 2 cm; paragraph indention –1,0; font of Times New Roman; size 14; vertical spacing 1,5.
- The electronic version of the article is carried out in a Microsoft Word text editor and saved with doc add-in.
- The manuscript should be executed according to the following criteria:
4.1. UDC index.
4.2. A branch of science and the code of speciality (according to the nomenclature of VAK) according to which the article is written.
4.3. Information about the author: Full name of the author (including transliterated version), the contact mobile phone, e-mail; an academic degree and a rank, the place of work (the full official name of the organization) and a position, the address of the organization with the city code.
4.4. The headline of the article must be in the Russian and English languages.
- must be written in the Russian and English languages and also in the main language of the article (if it is neither Russian nor English);
- must contain the description of main objectives and research problems; in general, without deepening in detail, and describe the way of carrying out a research;
- to contain the description of the most significant results of the research indicating their importance;
- in the abstract there should not be references to literature and special abbreviations; the data which are contained in the title should not be repeated;
- in the text of the abstract it is necessary to use significant words and phrases from the main text of the article;
- the text must meet all standards and rules of the corresponding language and must not contain stylistic, grammatical, spelling and punctuation mistakes;
- the abstract size must be from 180 to 250 words.
4.6. Keywords – not less than 7 and not more than 12 (in the Russian and English languages).
4.7. Author Identification in ORCID.
4.8. The text of the article.
4.9. The bibliography (it is specified in the alphabetical order)
- Bibliographic references to the used sources must be specified in the text by square brackets (for example, , or [1, page 27], or [1, page 27-48]), the bibliography must be drawn up according to 7.1-2003 GOST. “Bibliographic record. Bibliographic description. General requirements and rules of drawing up” in continuous numbering, the 14th size, 1,5 vertical spacing and must be placed after the text of the article.
Each source, presented in the bibliography, must have the reference in the text.
The editorial board will give a priority to articles corresponding to the following conditions: number of references must include not less than 25 names, not less than 20 sources for the last 3 years. References to own works – 10%. References to sources in a foreign language – not less than 50%. All sources must have information: pages, year of issue, city and publishing house.
- Notes and paginal footnotes are not allowed in the article!
- Tables, schemes, diagrams, histograms must be drawn up in a contrast scale of gray color. The GIF format must be used for drawings. The editorial board does not improve quality of drawings and does not make correction of the mistakes made in drawings. Each drawing, table, scheme must have a serial number, name and explanation of all symbols. All columns in tables must be entitled. In case of spotting mistakes in the drawing, scheme, table the editorial board reserves the right to remove the drawing and the text concerning it. It is necessary to specify a source from which the drawing or the table is taken, information must be below tables and drawings (for example: author, book, magazine, etc.).
- Units of measuring are given according to the International System of Units (SI).
- In case the article is written on the basis of an experiment, it must be drawn up as follows:
- REVIEW OF LITERATURE
- RESEARCH METHODS
- RESULTS AND DISCUSSION
- The manuscript for publication will be taken for consideration by the editorial board only in case of obtaining the completed and signed license agreement in 2 copies (the form is on the website) by mail.
- The size of the article must not be less than 10 pages and not more than 20 pages of the A4 format text typed according to above-mentioned requirements.
- In case the received materials do not correspond at least one of above-mentioned requirements and also in case the file of the article is infected with a computer virus, the editorial board will not consider the article for publication.
- The article for the magazine is reviewed and receives the recommendations of two members of the editorial board, and it is given with reviews to the editor of the magazine for including the article in the magazine issue, its content is approved at the meeting of the editorial board. The editorial board reserves the right to send manuscripts of articles for independent examination.
- In case there are serious remarks under the article in the review, the article will be rejected and the author will be recommended to improve the article according to the reviewer’s remarks.
- The author receives an author’s copy of the magazine by mail according to subscription. It is possible to subscribe from one issue of the magazine a year. The cost of one number is 1000 rubles without commission fee of the agency of subscription.
- The article, approved and recommended by the reviewer of the magazine, can be published within a year.
- The post-graduate student, who wants to publish the article without subscription for the magazine, should provide the editor of the magazine
– an official document from the department of postgraduate study;
– an extract from the decision of the department or other structural division on need to publish the article, verified by the organization;
– a research supervisor’s review on the article, verified by his organization.